There was an issue with the tracks. The top length was to long.The easiest fix is to just leave off the top length since it won't be seen behind the skirts. But I choe to fix the issue rather than hide it.
What I did was cut the two middle tracks and glued the two lengths to the drive sprocket and idler wheel.
Worked out perfect and you can't even see the cut behind the skirts.
I really didn't follow the number sequence in the instructions, so this time I jumped to the bins attached the "Lane Marking" frame. The connection points that bolt down the bins to the frame and connect them together are ok, but I wanted them to be well defined. I removed them and replaced them with angled plastic stock, rod, and hex rod for the bolt heads.
Next, I jumped to the plow itself. I apologize for not taking to many in-progress pictures of the plow. I don't know what I was thinking and went ahead and painted it right after building it. The whole plow and blade can be movable if you take your time and watch you glue placement.
I started with the center arm first and attached it the the main plate. The only thing I added to the center arm was a bar to help turn the retaining bar.
I found it easier to build the main part of the left and right arms. It was also easier to attach the "hoses" to the hydraulic arm.
Here is where I stopped taking pictures of the plow build. Sorry again for that. The blades, part P7(P8) and plow face, part P9(P10) and P11(P12) where attached after the main arm where attached the the main plate. I used the diagram in the instruction to mark the placement of photo etch parts V40 - V48. After gluing those parts, I then glued the brass rods to them.
Here is the completed plow:
Next are the MICLIC's themselves. Missing hoses and panels where added with lead wire and plastic stock.
One of the MICLIC pods was modeled as if just being loaded.
The hydraulic arm on the left was replaced with plastic rod and the arm on the right was replaced with plastic square rod to show the lid opened higher.
The missing rings on the pods where added using brass wire.
The rockets had the missing power cable and wire cable added using lead wire and thin string.
The point where the wire cable of the the rocket is attached to was replaced with plastic stock and the cable for the line charge added.
The completed "just loaded" MICLIC pod:
Black smoke Mig Pigment added to simulate burnt area from the rocket:
Tamiya Clear Orange was used here to simulate to rust found on the real thing:
Last was the assembly of the Lane Marking System. Hoses for the hydraulic arm and cables where added using lead wire and thin plastic rod. After the cables and hoses where added, I attached the spikes, painted and weathered the system and bins and then attached it to the rear deck of the hull.
Final build pictures will be shown in the final write up, along with painting and weathering. STAY TUNED!